I have now focussed that creative outlet on our house. I love our little home, and have always been delighted that we brought it. It had been freshly painted subtle shades of green and cream. It had quite a new kitchen, a new bathroom, and imber decking outside. Initially i thought that it is the kind of home that i won't have to do anything to... until i started to get bored.
I have a long list a little jobs i want to do around the house, things to imprint my taste and style on the home. The list incudes
- Extend the pergola to the second part of the decking (the current pergola only covers the first half)
- Build seating around the perimiter of the first half of the pergola
- Build a pergola for the concrete clab in the corner of the yard
- Turn the corner of the yard into a BBQ cooking area with an outdoor kitchen
- Pave both sides of the house to minimise the dirt that our dog tracks onto the decking
- Buy awnings for the back windows and from bedroom windows
- Replace ugly pink curtains in bedroom and Entertainment room
- Decorate entertainment room (currently the 'this and that' room)
- Take bookshelves from Mum's and put in recreation room
- Print, frame and hang wedding photos wall
- Buy a sideboard to put pretty decorative items on
- Landscape the from garden (On the way in doing this after buying 100 Tulip bulbs online
I know that this looks like quite the list, but some items are long term plans, while others are more immediate.
This is what i have in mind for the outdoor Kitchen, althought without all the sandstone, and the roofing will most likely be colourbond.
The only obstacle to these grand plans.... money. Sigh....